Friday, February 22, 2008

Anna Rose



Anna turned 7 on February 5. Amazing! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Anna has accomplished a lot this year. She has been taking piano and is getting quite good. I rarely have to ask her to practise. When she learns new songs she sometimes will burst into tears if it isn't easy right away. I have to remind her that that is why it called pracitising, not "perfecting". Anna is in first grade and has quite a few friends. Lately though she has become a bit boy crazy. She tells me daily of a new crush. I told her it is fine to have crushes because you don't ever tell the boy of a crush (unlike a boyfriend). That way she can change her mind every day if she wants to. I found a note the other day that she had written to a boy in her class signed: "sweetheart (long hair)". What will I do? She is growing up too fast! Our biggest challenge has been her diabetes. She was diagnosed in December 2006 and it turned our lives upside down. We got her "pumping" in June. She has a pump that gives her insulin. It is a lot better than the 6-7 shots we were doing but no matter what way you do it...diabetes is just tough. It absolutely breaks my heart to see what Anna has to deal with daily. No child should have to. At the same time, I am blown away by her incredible strength. Anna is smart, kind, and sensitive. She has a wonderful spiritual strength. The things I learn from her! She is a great big sister and is a huge help for me. I even love it when she is dramatic and emotional. It gives some balance to this house full of boys. I often wonder why I was chosen to be the mother of this amazing girl.

5 comments:

Aunt Runny said...

Oh, Anna, you are a Rose! What a beautiful, talented, and hard-working girl you are. I just love you!

ZB said...

She IS amazing. So grown up (in a good way). Beautiful like her mamma and naturally talented like her daddy. The perfect combination.

Jessie said...

Boy crazy hu..I wonder where she got that from... :)
I can't believe she is 7! She is so cute!
Happy Birthday to Anna!

Photo Amy said...

She is a favorite in our household and is frequently mentioned by Megan and Sarah. I can't wait to hear her piano playing.

6 P's in a Pod said...

YEAH for piano! YEAH for Anna! She really is an amazing little girl. Especially with the management of her diabetes. I agree, NO little kid should have to deal with ANY kind of chronic illness. In fact, when I am so sick and tired of dealing with it, I have to remind myself that he/she has to deal with it right along with me and forever more. (No! NOT forever more-until they find a CURE!!)
Please tell Anna that more than just her family pray for her---
P.S. I LOVE blogging for this very reason...keeping in touch and up to date with one another.