Saturday, October 24, 2009
William update
Just an update for our friends who live far away. My cutest, joy of my life, William was diagnosed with diabetes on October 23, 2009. He is doing really well. Rod and I are trying to adjust. We are so very sad that his future will include that awful disease. It is overwhelming to care for a two-year-old with diabetes. Anna has been a big help. When she was diagnosed three years ago she could understand. Now, she tries to help with all the pokes. William can't really tell us how he is feeling. It is a challenge to say the least. We caught it really early though. He never got sick. Those first few days were pretty emotional. William kept asking to have a party. He wouldn't let it go. So, despite feeling nothing like a party, we had one. We made a "lellow" cake, bought "lellow balloons" and Rod brought all the kids presents. Yellow is William's favorite color. We even sang "yellow submarine"! I think somehow in his two-year-old mind a party would bring happiness to our emotional home. Sweet boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Paula!! Man I'm sorry to hear about all the things you are getting to deal with. That is a handful for sure! It's a good thing you are such and amazing woman!! I wish I was closer and could help more. Know my thoughts are with you!!
Paula, I'm so glad that you guys are doing better. You have all been in our prayers. We love you guys!!!
Oh Paula I had no idea! How are you doing? I can't even imagine! You are such a great mom and so great to have Anna to help! I wish I was closer so I could come and help you! xoxoxo
Post a Comment